The official Town of Palm Beach construction season began today. Stay tuned for the latest updates via our Town Traffic Alerts, news from the Town, and press coverage.
May 2, 2016 Town Infrastructure Work Map
(1) TOWN SQUARE
(2) ROYAL PALM WAY, SOUTH COUNTY ROAD AND ROYAL POINCIANA WAY
(3) SIGNALIZATION AND MAST ARM IMPROVEMENTS ON NORTH COUNTY ROAD
(4) COUNTRY CLUB ROAD
(5) NORTH LAKE WAY
(6) NORTH COUNTY ROAD, W. INDIES DRIVE, PLANTATION ROAD, CREST ROAD, CLARKE AVENUE, AND VIA SUNNY
(7) ANGLER AVE, ATLANTIC AVE, AND CANTERBURY LANE
(8) COCONUT TREE TRIMMING
(9) WORTH AVENUE SIDEWALK SEALING
From the Town of Palm Beach
Construction and Traffic Highlights for the Week of 5/2/2016
A dedicated town traffic telephone line is available from 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday to report excessive traffic delays or concerns. Please call 561-838-5410.
After hour concerns can be reported to the Police Department at 561-838-5454.
For more information from the Town of Palm Beach:
William Francis, Town Engineer
(1) TOWN SQUARE: Starting 5/2/16 the inside northbound and outside southbound lane on South County Road will be closed to traffic. The work involves drainage, sidewalk, curb, landscape, hardscape and associated improvements as part of the Town Square Phase II Project. Parking and handicap spaces directly adjacent to the lane closure will be unavailable. The contractor will make every effort to maintain as many spaces as possible and safe for use. This project will be complete by 08/29/16.
(2) ROYAL PALM WAY, SOUTH COUNTY ROAD AND ROYAL POINCIANA WAY: Striping will be placed on:
• Royal Palm Way from the Royal Park Bridge to South Ocean Boulevard
• South County Road from Barton Avenue to Royal Poinciana Way
• Royal Poinciana Way from Cocoanut Row to South County Road.
The work will be performed during nighttime hours from 7:00 P.M.to 6:00 A.M. in order to minimize the impact to traffic. One lane of traffic will be open in each direction at all times.
(3) SIGNALIZATION AND MAST ARM IMPROVEMENTS ON NORTH COUNTY ROAD: The outside northbound lane from Royal Poinciana Way north to Sunrise Avenue will be closed for utility relocation and investigation for the upcoming mast arm project. Parking and handicap spaces adjacent to the lane closure will be unavailable. The contractor will make every effort to maintain as many spaces as possible and safe for use. The lane closure will also include the west bound lane of the 100 block of Sunset Avenue at the intersection of North County Road. Flaggers will be present to direct traffic.
(4) COUNTRY CLUB ROAD: Country Club Road between North Lake Way and North County Road will have one lane blocked and traffic directed by flaggers, for the pump station fuel tank replacement. There will be periodic closures for loading and unloading of equipment and materials.
(5) NORTH LAKE WAY: One lane will be blocked and traffic will be directed by flaggers at the intersection of Via Marila and N. Lake Way
(6) NORTHCOUNTY ROAD, W. INDIES DRIVE, PLANTATION ROAD, CREST ROAD, CLARKE AVENUE, AND VIA SUNNY: Installation of gas line service connections will take place on the following streets. Traffic will be directed by flaggers.
• N. County Road between Cherry Lane and Fairview Road
• W. Indies Drive between N. County Road and N. Lake Way
• Plantation Road between N. Lake Way and Crest Road
• Clarke Avenue between S. Ocean Blvd and Cocoanut Row
• N. County Road and Sunset Avenue Intersection
• Via Sunny to Cocoanut Row
(7) ANGLER AVE, ATLANTIC AVE, AND CANTERBURY LANE: Gas main and service work will take place on Angler Ave, Atlantic Ave and Canterbury Lane. Local traffic will be directed by Maintenance of Traffic equipment.
(8) COCONUT TREE TRIMMING: Trimming involves the pruning and chipping of palm fronds and removal of coconut pods from trees in the Towns Right of Way (ROW). Tree debris will be set in parking spaces to be collected after the pruning is complete.
• Tuesday – 100 to 400 blocks of Brazilian Avenue
• Wednesday - 300 and 400 blocks of Chilean Avenue, 100 and 400 blocks of Peruvian Avenue, 400 Block of Worth Avenue, 400 block of Hibiscus Avenue, 100 to 400 blocks of Cocoanut Row, South Lake Drive, Via Marina from South County Road to South Ocean Boulevard, and Middle Road
• Thursday and Friday - 100 to 300 blocks of Worth Avenue.
(9) WORTH AVENUE SIDEWALK SEALING: This work will not disrupt traffic, but will require limited use of parking stall in the working area. The work will occur during off-business hours.
Private construction projects are limited to 3 on-street parking permits. Surrounding residents should not be adversely impacted by construction vehicles and/or associated employee parking. Please call 561-838-5440 to report congestion or abuse.
Palm Beach Daily News:
Palm Beach restricts traffic to accommodate construction