News in This Week in the Town of Palm Beach: Day Academy opens, Town Council votes for Referendum on Underground Utilities, Town elections under review, Town Hall Square fundraising going well, Peanut Island in top 12 snorkeling spots in the U.S., and much more...
MAIN NEWS HEADLINES
> Civic Association Reports: First Day of School at the Day Academy
TOWN COUNCIL NEWS
- Council Votes for Referendum on Underground Utilities
- Town Elections Under Review Again. Self-administer for $70,000 or work with County Supervisor of Elections Susan Bucher to get them to do it. Ms. Bucher to address the Council in October.
- Fundraiser Bill Bone Says Private Donations Have Reached $1 Million for Town Hall Square. Town also will receive $350,000 reimbursement from state grant and $40,000 from assessments.
- Council looks to ban floating structures within town waterways
- Council Reviews Designs for West Palm Beach Property
- Rob Weber: We had some escarpments form from remnants of Tropical Storm Erika but no significant sand loss.
- Reuben Johnson appointed as new member of Shore Board.
Ordinances for charitable solicitations, compact cars, parkway stips, and building code citations.
WEST PALM DEVELOPS
- Is downtown West Palm land too expensive?
Civic Association: DIRECTORS IN THE NEWS
> Mayor Gail Coniglio recognizes J. Patterson Cooper for his six years of service on the Shore Protection Board. Presents plaque.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
> Peanut Island Ranked Among 12 Best Snorkel Spots
> Blue Horizon casino cruises won't resume until mid-September
> Another Longtime Palm Beach Business Closes
> More Revisions Ahead for Shared Parking Plan
> Holiday Weekend Rains Pull Palm Beach Out of Drought
> Safety Concern Prompts Crosswalk Upgrades Near Breakers