Click Here to See a Gallery of Photos from the Event
Dr. Jessica Spencer and Ben Pollara went after each others positions on the Amendment 2 Medical Marijuana Debate at the Palm Beach Civic Association Election Forum today.
The event had over 100 attend at the Episcopal Church of Bethesda-by-the-Sea.
Click above to watch (WPEC12 – CBS)
Ned Barnes, president of the Civic Association gave the Civic Association Medical Marijuana Survey results right before the debate.
The Civic Association surveyed Palm Beach residents. We received 189 online responses to our 5 questions. Here are the results (not a scientific poll):
1. Do you believe that marijuana should be legalized for medical use?
2. Do you believe that marijuana should be legalized for recreational use?
3. Do you believe that medical marijuana is safe and effective?
Don’t know: 23%
4. Do you believe that legalizing medical marijuana will lead to increased drug abuse?
Don’t know: 12%
5. How will you vote on the proposal to legalize medical marijuana in Florida?
Don’t know: 11%
Judy Goodman, a Civic Association Director, gave a presentation on why its important to reauthorize the Children’s Services Council in the upcoming election, County Ballot Question 1.
In addition, Port Commission candidates Peyton McArthur and Kesnel Theus introduced themselves to the audience.
Stay tuned for continuing coverage of this event by WPTV5-NBC, WPEC12-CBS, and the Palm Beach Daily News.
Please note: Early Voting started today!