In coordination with the Palm Beach County Traffic Division, the reopening of the ramp from the westbound Flagler Memorial Bridge to N. Flagler Drive, originally anticipated for Friday, May 17, has been rescheduled for 10 a.m., Tuesday, May 21. The new temporary traffic signal will also be placed into service at that time.
Restriping of N. Flagler Drive will take place on Wednesday night, May 15, or Thursday night, May 16, weather apermitting, and the following traffic pattern changes will be in effect when restriping is completed:
• Drivers going north on N. Flagler Drive will not be able to turn left onto 6 Street
• Drivers going east on 6 Street will not be able to turn left onto N. Flagler Drive
• Drivers exiting the Bank of America drive-thru will not be to turn left onto N. Flagler Drive
When the westbound ramp reopens:
• Drivers going north or south from the ramp onto N. Flagler Drive will be required to stop on red to allow traffic on N. Flagler Drive to go through the intersection
• Drivers going north or south on Flagler Drive will be required to stop on red to allow drivers coming off the ramp to go either north or south on Flagler Drive
Traffic will stay in this pattern for an extended period of time, until a new at-grade intersection at the replacement bridge and N. Quadrille Boulevard is opened to traffic. Drivers are asked to use caution through this area.
The Flagler Memorial Bascule Bridge (drawbridge) Replacement Design/Build Project includes replacing the existing bridge with a new bascule bridge connecting the Town of Palm Beach and the City of West Palm Beach over the Lake Worth Lagoon and the Intracoastal Waterway. The new bridge is being built south of the existing bridge, which will remain open during construction. The Flagler Drive overpass will be replaced with an “at-grade” intersection. New lighting, pedestrian features, traffic signals, drainage, and landscaping are also included in this project. The estimated cost of this project is $94.2 million.