Old ramps for west side of Flagler Bridge. New traffic pattern in story.
On Friday, May 17, the ramp from the westbound Flagler Memorial Bridge to N. Flagler Drive will reopen and a new temporary traffic signal will be placed into service where the ramp meets N. Flagler Drive, weather permitting
Once the ramp reopens, the following traffic pattern changes will be in effect:
• Drivers taking the ramp to N. Flagler Drive, from the westbound bridge, will be required to stop on red at the new traffic signal at the base of the ramp
• Drivers going north or south on Flagler Drive will be required to stop on red at the new signal to allow drivers coming off the ramp to go either north or south on Flagler Drive
• Drivers going north on Flagler Drive, or going north from the ramp, will not be able to go west on
• Drivers going east on 6 Street will not be able to go north on Flagler Drive
• Drivers exiting the Bank of America drive-thru will not be able to go north on Flagler Drive
Traffic will stay in this pattern for an extended period of time, until a new at-grade intersection at the replacement bridge and N. Quadrille Boulevard is opened to traffic. Drivers are asked to use caution through this area.
The Flagler Memorial Bascule Bridge (drawbridge) Replacement Design/Build Project includes replacing the existing bridge with a new bascule bridge connecting the Town of Palm Beach and the City of West Palm Beach over the Lake Worth Lagoon and the Intracoastal Waterway.
The new bridge is being built south of the existing bridge, which will remain open during construction.
The Flagler Drive overpass will be replaced with an “at-grade” intersection. New lighting, pedestrian features, traffic signals, drainage, and landscaping are also included in this project. The estimated cost of this project is $94.2 million.