TOWN OF PALM BEACH NEWS: Construction and traffic report for the week of Map 9. Please note Okeechobee Blvd. will be completely closed beginning May 13 for railroad work.
KEY: --- Road Closed --- Lanes Impacted --- Periodic Lane Impacts
Week of May 9 Northend
Week of May 9 Midtown
May 9 Southend
2. Town Hall Square
3. Signalization and Mast Arm Improvements on North County Rd
4. Country Club Road
5. North Lake Way
6. Cherry Lane, Plantation Rd, El Dorado Lane, West Indies Drive, Clarke Ave, Brazilian Ave, Cocoanut Row, Antigua Lane, and Primavera Ave
7. Coconut Tree Trimming
8. Worth Avenue Pressure Washing
9. Street Light Repairs
Construction and Traffic Highlights for the Week of 5/9/2016
A dedicated town traffic telephone line is available from 8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday to report excessive traffic delays or concerns. Please call 561-838-5410.
After hour concerns can be reported to the Police Department at 561-838-5454.
For more information from the Town of Palm Beach:
William Francis, Town Engineer
(1) OKEECHOBEE BOULEVARD CLOSURE: Beginning at 8:00 PM on May 13 Okeechobee Boulevard will be closed at the railroad crossing adjacent to Quadrille Boulevard in both directions until 6:00 PM May 17. Motorists should seek alternate routes and follow signage for detours.
(2) TOWN SQUARE IMPROVEMENTS: The inside northbound and outside southbound lane on South County Road will be closed to traffic for improvements of the Town Square. Parking and handicap spaces directly adjacent to the lane closure will be unavailable. The contractor will make every effort to maintain as many spaces as possible and safe for use. This project will be complete by 08/29/16.
(3) SIGNALIZATION AND MAST ARM IMPROVEMENTS ON NORTH COUNTY
ROAD: The outside northbound lane from Royal Poinciana Way north to Sunrise Avenue will be closed for utility relocation and investigation for the upcoming mast arm project. Parking and handicap spaces adjacent to the lane closure will be unavailable. The contractor will make every effort to maintain as many spaces as possible and safe for use. The lane closure will also include the west bound lane of the 100 block of Sunset Avenue at the intersection of North County Road. Flaggers will be present to direct traffic.
(4) COUNTRY CLUB ROAD: Country Club Road between North Lake Way and North
County Road will have one lane blocked and traffic directed by flaggers, for the pump station fuel tank replacement. There will be periodic closures for loading and unloading of equipment and materials.
(5) NORTH LAKE WAY: One lane will be blocked and traffic will be directed by flaggers at the intersection of Via Marila and N. Lake Way.
(6) FPU GAS LINE CONNECTIONS: Installation of gas line service connections will take place on the following streets. Traffic will be directed by flaggers.
• Clarke Ave between South Ocean Boulevard and Cocoanut Row
• Brazilian Avenue between South Ocean Boulevard and South Lake Drive
• Primavera Ave between Cocoanut Row to dead end
• Cocoanut Row between Clarke Avenue and Primavera Way
• Antigua Lane between Cocoanut Row to dead end
• Cherry Lane between North County Road and dead end
• Plantation Road from North Lake Way to Crest Road dead end
• El Dorado Lane between North County Road and North Lake Way
• West Indies Drive between North County Road and North Lake Way
• N. County Road between Cherry Lane and Fairview Road
(7) COCONUT TREE TRIMMING: Trimming involves the pruning and chipping of palm fronds and removal of coconut pods from trees in the Towns Right of Way (ROW). Tree debris will be set in parking spaces to be collected after the pruning is complete.
• Tuesday – 100 to 400 blocks of Brazilian Avenue
• Wednesday - 300 and 400 blocks of Chilean Avenue, 100 and 400 blocks of Peruvian Avenue, 400 Block of Worth Avenue, 400 block of Hibiscus Avenue, 100 to 400 blocks of Cocoanut Row, South Lake Drive, Via Marina from South County Road to South Ocean Boulevard, and Middle Road
• Thursday and Friday - 100 to 300 blocks of Worth Avenue.
(8) WORTH AVENUE PRESSURE WASHING: This work will not disrupt traffic, but will require limited use of parking stall in the working area. The work will occur during offbusiness hours.
(9) STREET LIGHT REPAIRS: This involves the repair/replacement of street light conduit, wiring and poles. All work will be limited to the edge of the roadway and traffic control devices will be utilized in accordance with the following schedule:
• Monday and Tuesday - 330 Island Drive
• Wednesday through Friday - 321 Tangier Avenue and 4 Arts Plaza Road
Private construction projects are limited to 3 on-street parking permits. Surrounding residents should not be adversely impacted by construction vehicles