The Civic Association Community Forum on Shore Protection today answered many questions that residents have about beach erosion. But as Llwyd Ecclestone, Town Shore Protection Board Chairman said, "Unfortunately, because of regulatory agencies like the US Army Corp of Engineers and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and many others, there are no simple answers."
Peter Elwell, Palm Beach Town Manager
Presenters were Mr. Ecclestone; Peter Elwell, Palm Beach Town Manager; and Rob Weber, Town Coastal Coordinator.
Rob Weber, Town Coastal Coordinator
Rob Weber addressed the following questions:
1. Why do we put sand on the beach, just to have it wash away?
4. Why does it take so long to get a permit?
5. Why can't we fix the South End Beaches?
6. Why can't we get offshore sand and not truck it in?
7. How much will it cost and how will we pay for it?